A promise we’ve kept for over 10 years!
• Developing authentic malts enhancing Eastern Quebec grain.
• Allowing brewers to obtain locally the main ingredient responsible for the flavours of beer: malt.
• Facilitating our customers’ malt supplies.
• Highlighting beers and other products made from malt and local ingredients.
• Ensuring the quality of its malts by analyzing each batch.
• Always considering sustainable development in our decisions.
The team at your service
Cofounder, master maltster and production manager.
Dany is the creator, who always has a new idea to develop.
Co-founder, CEO and head of customer service.
Cindy is the bridge between the customer and the product.
Malting Operator since 2014.
Yvan is our handyman! Flexible, and versatile, he makes sure of malt production.
Administrative Assistant since 2013.
Chantale is the budget guardian! Rigour and structure are her leitmotifs.
What does sustainable development mean to MaltBroue?
No one can boast of being perfect as for sustainable development. However, it is a firm commitment at MaltBroue to consider the three spheres of sustainable development in its decisions: economic, social and environmental.
If a step backwards is taken, it is always with the goal of making two steps forward, and for a long time afterwards.
Here are our commitments and actions:
• Using our grains, grown according to responsible agriculture, or those of farmers in the Lower St. Lawrence.
• Compensating for the “pick-up” emissions, by using an electric car for most trips.
• We are the only producer of caramel malt within a 2,000 km range, which avoids making the malt travel over a long distance such as when it’s imported from the United States or Europe.
• The Scol’ERE Carbon Scholarship—Owners personally compensate for their CO2 emissions when travelling by air. Mainly to attend the annual Craft Malt Conference in United States.
Consumption and energy
• Clean Energy Heating with wood pellets and electricity is preferred.
• Project: installation of a silo to get our pellets in bulk and thus reduce our consumption of Megabags.
• Reusing Megabags when possible.
• Introducing new procedures to reduce paper consumption. A challenge for our accounting department, but the motivation to change habits is there!
Implication and communication:
• Participation in our town’s “Témis en bière” event. Profits are donated to the high school broomball team.
• Working to inform beer and other drink lovers that they can choose products made from local ingredients. This choice has a direct impact on the local economy and environment.
• Contributing to the development of the microbrewery sector, which brings together all the players in the industry (farmers, maltsters, hop and yeast producers, brewers) in order to work together to offer more and more local ingredients for microbreweries in Quebec.
Our partners and memberships
Quebec Microbrewery Association
Without microbreweries, MaltBroue wouldn’t exist. As a partner member, we are proud to support AMBQ’s mission to bring together, support, represent and promote Quebec’s microbreweries.
Craft Malsters Guild
Its mission is to promote and sustain the tradition of craft malting in North America, provide services and resources to the Association’s members, and uphold the highest quality and safety standards for Craft Maltsters. Obviously, we are members!
Sustainable Economic Pairing
An education-through action program to strengthen growth and reduce environmental impact.
Hartwick College Center for Craft Food & Beverage
Our malt quality partner. This centre is a wealth of information in addition to offering grain and malt analyses services.